About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's a Hard Knock Life

This afternoon, I sent a picture of Little Man over the phone to one of my good friends. She jokingly remarked that he looked "just a little mischievous." I was laughing as I replied that he is "wayyyy more than a little mischievous!" She has no idea how right she is!!

Because, just recently (since Saturday?), Little Man has:
- convinced the kid next door to let him sit on his bike, without training wheels.

- fallen off said bike, resulting in a 2-bandaid stitcher-upper.

- reached through the fence into neighbor's non-lit burn pile, covering himself in ash. (Don't ask why the burn pile is right beside our fence!)

- Liberally applied "Off" into his eyes, twice. Which resulted in Mommy & Daddy holding him under the faucet washing eyes, liberally. (Don't ask how he kept reaching the "Off," that was big brother's doing.)

- leaned over the edge of the playground and flipped 4ft to the hard ground. Which resulted in a new black eye and a an ice pack for 1/2 an hour. After which he went back out for some more!


Hubby summed up the boys & their differing personalities tonight at dinner. He put it this way, "One day, when we're ready for dirt bikes, XMan will be making sure everyone has their bike & helmet and is ready to go; Little Man will be lining them all up so he can JUMP them!"



"Who me???"

2 comments:

Cayce said...

Wow ... he's pretty doggone muddy!! Looks like he had a blast!!!!

MamaJ said...

That was actually a while back, but I thought it summed up his personality pretty well! :-)

Radical | A book by David Platt