About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Discussing Sarah Palin

Dr. Voddie Baucham on CNN



Pro-Palin Logic Supports Women in Combat, Doug Phillips' blog post.


So, not to get into a huge debate, but here are a couple of things to think about.... I personally think it's sad that we are at this point, where to vote for the Republican/Conservative ticket means that we are settling, or voting for the "lesser of two evils." I am not excited about the concept of having a woman in Office that has children at home who obviously need her supervision. Someone who brags about going back to work 3 days after giving birth to a special needs child is not gaining much favor with me. Just giving birth to the special needs child (against popular demand) is not enough, as some would have you believe. Motherhood is a full-time commitment, one that cannot be done in a few hours each night; and I only have a vague idea of the insane hours/travel the Vice Presidency requires. But, it is obviously not an ideal situation for the family involved - whether her husband "supports her," or not. So, like I said, this is not a debate blog. I don't have the time (or mental resources) for that, but it is certainly something we should be thinking about.

Added 9/18:

World Net daily article: "Praised as virtuous by desperate conservatives, Sarah and Todd Palin fit nicely into today's modern version of Christianity where true masculinity in the form of family leadership is absent, and women abdicate feminine roles in the home."

“As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths” (Isaiah 3:12).

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I think that Obama is possibly the anti-christ.

While I'm not crazy about McCain, I admire him immensely for the incredible sacrifice that he made for our country.

Palin...
All that I can say is that I LOVE her. Since this isn't a debate blog,(which is good because I don't feel like debating), I won't list the many reasons why I think that she is EXACTLY what our country needs. But I will say that if she was the one running for president that I would vote for her against ANY other Republican or Democrate with the exception of Mike Huckabee. My dream ticket would be Huckabee/Palin.

SHE IS AWESOME!!!!

Jessica said...

Ok...So the first time that I commented I hadn't watched the video that you posted with you post. But now that I have, all I can say is that I LOVE SARAH PALIN. I have always liked and respected Rev. Voddie Baucham. But inspite of what he says,(which I am still not sure what he is trying to say, besides that the women should be a keeper of her home.), I am still in love with and totally voting for Sarah Palin.

Also, I am waiting for you to post my comments. I am not sure if you don't want to post comments that oppose your political position, or what. But you haven't posted what I have has to say, and I am still waiting....

Good luck with Ike, and we love you guys!

MamaJ said...

Haha, ok Jess! I posted your comments! You haven't told me exactly why you love Sarah Palin so much, so I am a little curious...?
And I think basically Voddie Baucham and others (Doug Phillips, etc.) are going on the basis that is is unbiblical for a woman to be in headship over our leaders - government or church. I do agree with that, wholeheartedly. It's called a curse in the Bible when a woman is in command over men.

Cayce said...

I do like Sarah Palin as a woman. I think she's just what this country needs ... if she were a man. I've struggled with this, I really have. At first, I was on the band wagon but the more I thought and prayed, the more I was convinced that it's Biblically wrong. Not to mention the fact that she's got a very small child at home with special needs ... and that child needs her 100%.

I'm not real thrilled with either ticket for this election. I'm still trying to find a non-U.S. owned island that I can buy!!

Radical | A book by David Platt