A year ago, tomorrow, I was about to get one of the most devastating phone calls of my life. I had a eerily bad feeling all day, but it wasn't confirmed until 10:30 that night when my brother called me. His news? To tell me that our father had taken his own life.
It's amazing to me that we've made it through a whole year. It's amazing how God worked to let me join my family this exact moment in time, when being together means a lot. If my Dad were here, he would be anticipating the birth of his first grand-daughter. He would know that his only son was also going to be a parent. He would have been able to celebrate my sister's engagement. But, he isn't here. So, we will continue to carry on as we have for the past year. Minute by minute, day by day, and memory by memory.
I am missing my husband, my friends, and our church - but I am still glad to be here this week. To be driving up and down the roads I grew up driving on. And to go visit the place where my Dad and my son are memorialized.
Talk to you guys later.

1 comment:
You took my breath away. I don't know what to say or how to say it, but I wanted you to know I read what you wrote and it MATTERS. Blessings, Whitney
Post a Comment