About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Nothing is working!

Okay, well, we tried. Once again, my labor has not kicked off in a timely manner. I am 40 weeks and 6 days today. (I don't know why that little ticker thing is off a day.) Dr. M knew how I felt, so he wanted to wait until this week before trying to induce or anything, for which I am grateful. So, we're going to go in tonight and use some wonder pill which should help contractions start regularly & keep going. I have had plenty of contractions, long ones, big ones, short ones, some as big as your head! But, nothing is actually lasting or producing a BABY!

I am praying that all the activity will at least help make my labor shorter once it gets going. With Little Man, they gave me a Pitocin drip and it hurried labor along to a short 5 hours. Of course, with any kind of man-made drug it makes the contractions stronger and harder than they would usually be. So, it's even harder to stay the course and not use pain meds. But, we did it! I know we can do it with Baby Girl as well! So, say a prayer for Hubby & I tonight between 7pm-12am.
More soon!!

5 comments:

Cayce said...

Awww ... best of luck! I can't wait to hear the good news!!!

Jenn said...

I know you are anxious. I will be praying for you.

Michael Paine said...

Congrats on your beautiful girl! Heather said she is just gorgeous! Congrats good job drug free pushing you are more of a woman than me! Kiss "in loving memory" for your remembered baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! My first baby was induced and I vowed to take my child to college in utero before I would get pitocin again, LOL. The only thing that worked to get my second baby moving was (anyone with a weak stomach please avert your eyes now) scraping of the membranes. It kicked labor into gear within 2 hours. Good luck and God Bless!

Blessings, Whitney

Jessica said...

Congrats on the new baby girl!! So happy for you guys!

Radical | A book by David Platt