We've been having the age-old problem of little boy clothes wearing out way too soon. A good pair of jeans has holes in the knees before they even make it out of the bag, it seems! I posted a question about it on the Above Rubies forum and got several responses. Most women have tried to use the iron-on patches like I did. (Thanks Mom, for helping iron them on!) Unfortunately, some of the patches lifted up when they were washed. I thought about sewing the patches back on, but the jeans don't fit over the sewing machine. A few women that responded actually hand-stitched the patches onto the torn knees. One even suggested making her sons do the stitching to remind them to be careful. Ha! But, I don't think I need my 5 y.o. wielding a needle just yet. (Especially if you know my 5 y.o.) We might have to resort to stitching them back on for now....
(In the meantime, I hung up anything that is not intended for play clothes in the closet, out of sight!)
But in the future, I will be doing this:
Apparently, Sears has a Kidvantage program that states, "If your kid's clothes or shoes wear out before they outgrow them, Sears will replace them with an identical size item or similar item of equal value in the same size. Your receipt is required to replace worn-out Lee and Levi's jeans."
It doesn't cost anything to have the Kidvantage card, so I got one when I bought two pairs of boys jeans the other day - the kind with reinforced knees! I plan to hang onto my receipt and try this if the need arises. Has anyone else ever used the Sears Kidvantage policy and had it work for them?

1 comment:
I remember that from when my brother was a little boy. He's in his 40's now.
Post a Comment