About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, December 19, 2008

In which the dog poops in the car, the car blows up and *somebody* wrote on the baby's head....

Today I learned that "anything that can happen, probably will." Oh wait, I already knew that.

This morning, we headed out to go take the dog to the trainer's house, an hour away. We had to take her in the car because Hubby needed the Suburban. So, here I go with three children and a giant dog (who hasn't ridden in a vehicle since the hurricane, and she was scared to death then!). Of course, she was freaking out and kept trying to climb on the dash. It would have been hysterical any other time, but I was trying to drive & she obviously wasn't going to fit on dash! Big breed pups are so funny, b/c they think they are the size of a chihuahua! (And, most chihuahuas think they're the size of Mastiffs!)

She then began to drool all over the new GPS, which Hubby is gonna love. So, I gave up trying to read thru the slobber & turned back to my printed-out instructions. Reading paper + dog in front=not good driving skills.... my apologies to the guy in the black Ford.

Then, the poop happened. (Can you say "poop" on the internet?) I pulled into a parking lot & fertilized their grass for 'em before moseying on down the highway. What? You would've done it too! Once we had her all settled wayyyy out in the country for her "stay-cation," we headed back towards the city to run one more errand before going home.

Finally, we were on our way back home, heading for a well-deserved quiet time! Wouldn't ya know it was going too smoothly?? Smoke starts pouring out from under the hood and the tailpipe. Hmmmm, de ja vu...... I cruise on into a Shell and we set up camp waiting for someone to come rescue us! Which was Hubby, after Nana went and found him for us. (Cell phones! What good are they when they're out in your truck?)

But, I am glad it was warm today and not freezing cold. It would have been very cold in the car before too long with the engine off. I am also glad I am nursing Baby Girl, I didn't have to worry about running out of formula or anything while we waited. We had also just eaten lunch, so the kids didn't need to eat a gas-station meal, yum. While I was waiting with the kids, I started brushing Baby Girl's hair and noticed that someone (I'm not sure who, but I have a really, really good idea who) put a blue ink mark on top of their sister's head!!

To that little person...Beware: If I you ever draw on your sister again, there will be consequences young man! Much harder consequences than when you drew on the table, or the wall, or the fridge, or your clothes, or the floor, or the....

So, anyway, lately my Calvary always arrives pulling an auto-hauler!!

2 comments:

melanie said...

Oh my heavens ... what a rotten day, but what a hysterical way to tell about it!! TEARS, my dear!! TEARS are streaming down my face I'm laughing so hard. I am QUITE certain that the shortest person who lives at my house would totally be writing on the baby if I had one. ROFL ROFL ROFL

Christy said...

I'm honestly not sure if I've commented here before, although I am following you, so I'm guessing I've commented at least once!

I know this was one of those days for you, but hysterically funny to me! If it helps, my "baby" girl who's 16 months really LOVES to draw all over herself!

Tomorrow will be a better day!

Radical | A book by David Platt