We bought the boys a trampoline for Christmas. I thought it would be a great way to
I have a sore throat and was losing my voice this morning. When I explained to XMan that Mommy wouldn't be talking very much today, he had all the answers. He exclaimed, hand gestures and all, "Oh Mom, Mom! I know just what you have to do! I had this once, and what I did was not talk for 2 days. Then on the 3rd day, my throat was fine!"
(Are you rolling? Because I was!)
I'm sorry son, but if you ever had the same illness and didn't talk for 2 whole days, I am sure I would have written it on the calendar. Or fainted.

4 comments:
Ha ha. Yes. I have no idea what you're talking about, with boys.
I DO know we also bought a trampoline with enclosure (it was the closest thing we could find to a socially-acceptable padded room for Little Monkey).
of course, later, it flew away in a freak july windstorm.
Hope yoru voice returns!
Good thing you have that net. We owned a trampoline when our boys (now 21 and 19) were little (6 and 4). That was before nets. One day after Christmas, my husband and both boys were jumping on the trampoline, with our Dobermann, playing tag, and our 4-year-old lunged at his dad, who jumped out of the way, and the 4-year-old smashed his head on one of the springs and put a big gash above his eyebrow. We went to the emergency room and got stitches. The doctor said, "I'll see you again -- these things come in threes!) Well, a sinus infection set in, because the cut was right over the sinus cavity, and he got an infection and a fever, so we had to go back to the emergency room. Then, he got dehydrated from the fever, which the antibiotic (Loribid) couldn't fight, and we had to bring him back a third time to the emergency room and have him put on an IV. He got better, but whew! He had sinus problems for several years after that.
We almost had another accident a couple of years later, when 2 children that were heavier than my youngest almost sent him flying off the trampoline. He hurt his back a little, but nothing serious that time.
What I learned: Don't let two children, or people, of different sizes on the trampoline together. The heavier child will dispell or displace the lighter child, who will go flying.
We moved to another town after that. We bought a double-wide mobile home. The insurance agent asked if we had a trampoline. My husband asked, "Why do you ask?" The insurance agent said, "All people who own mobile homes also own trampolines!" Well, my husband said that we did have one, and the agent said that he couldn't sell us insurance.
We figured that it was time to get rid of it, and took it down to the dump.
So, have fun on it, and be careful! P.S. -- Do you live in a mobile home???
Ha, no Civilla, we don't live in a mobile home. At least not at the moment... Who knows where we will move to next?! I can't believe you couldn't get insurance b/c of a trampoline, wow!
It is a good thing you got that net to keep your munchkin enclosed LOL!
Post a Comment