So, this morning's school session was a hilarious attempt at education. First of all, I have this severe head cold/bronchitis thing going on. When I am not wheezing and barking, I sound like a muffled fog horn. So, we are working on phonics this week, and the topic today was "blends." Bl, Cl, Pl, you get the picture.
It sounded much like this:
"Ok, today we are working on bwendsth. Say Bwlh. Say cwluh."
"What, Mom?"
"Bwlh, B and L together."
"But, you don't sound like you're saying 'bl'."
"Ok... Fine... Just color the page. "
Then we moved on to a cut-out of a dragon fly model. It looked really cool, and I thought the boys would enjoy it. Normally, without the effects of 20 psi going on in my head, I might have been able to pull this thing off without a hitch. But, the little slits and slots, and whatever were just too much today. I ended up whipping out the packing tape and just taping the things together! Seriously, it was so intricate I would have rather gone back to my high school calculus class than do another one of those! (The kicker? It was from a kid's meal at Chic-Fil-A!?) It ended up being for naught anyway. The boys took to the air and crashed them into each other repeatedly until there was nothing left but maimed thoraxes(thoraxi?) laying on my living room floor. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
I am going back to couch. See y'all/you guys later.

1 comment:
We tried the stinkin' ladybug from chick-fila ... oh my, I thought it was going to make me say ugly words, and I don't say ugly words!!
Post a Comment