About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Skirts and more skirts!

Okay, here's the second skirt I've finished! (Please excuse the fact that it severely needs to be ironed!) I was in a hurry to show y'all. This one was a little tougher to pin. Originally, I wanted to insert a fabric panel only on the front, but I couldn't figure out how to get the back seam to lay flat when I was pinning. Finally, I gave up and put in a fabric piece on the backside as well. I'm glad I did, because it fits perfectly, it would have been way too snug the other way!

I used another type of blue denim for this one. I can wear it with the same shirts I would have worn with these jeans. This one will probably be mostly casual, but I have one more to do that I plan to use for church. I'll show you that one next time!


Oh, and just so you know, these were Hubby's favorites from my jean collection. He was a little hesitant when I said I was going to cut 'em up. But he was very pleased with the finished product!


What? By "model it" did you mean show the post-baby waistline?! Haha. No.

2 comments:

sariah said...

Oooh I really like it! That is exactly the length I was imagining I would want to try. So it looks like you didn't cut any amount of the bottom?

MamaJ said...

That's right, I left the entire length of the jeans intact. I am going to post the websites I used so that everyone can get the instructions.

Radical | A book by David Platt