Soooo.....we have been having some issues with whiney non-compliant little boys around here lately. We actually left church early Sunday b/c Little Man failed to listen after TWO trips to the bathroom for a discipline session. He usually sits on Daddy's lap fairly quietly or even goes to sleep. Lately, all of our normal methods are not proving to be enough.
Then, last night, I let XMan stay up a little later and watch a movie with me. After which, he proceeded to whine and complain about going to bed. He pitched a world class fit -after just getting a treat! That did it for me and I decided to implement something I read a while back.
The article wasn't talking about whining specifically, but it did the trick anyway.
XMan looked at me like I had two heads when I told him, "C'mon, let's go get some whining medicine. " A spoonful of apple cidar vinegar (you know, the kind you use for cooking?) later, and he wasn't about to try whining again! He went to bed without a fuss.
Today has been pleasantly calm all day!
*If this makes you think I'm crazy, well, just get over it.

8 comments:
nice job. And it's actually good for him, probably. (Raw is better, of course :)) My mom used cod liver oil for sassiness sometimes when we were like teens. Should've had more, for health AND attitude. :)
I wonder if that will work on Miller a/k/a Grump-paw??? Or Matt, when she is doing some of her fit-pitching... I just might consider this one.
I used the same for lying with my rather *ahem* inventive daughter. I overheard her warning her younger brother the other week not to lie or "Mummy will give you something yucky to drink" - this after several months! It left an impression!
great idea! and it's good for him too! I may have to try that some time since we always have it around(it's the no-fail cure for heartburn, among other things). creative parenting, mom!
Wow, I am glad to see a few others have used this method or at least considered it...
Jess, I can't believe you're from Tasmania! I've been there and I LOVED it! I'd love to talk to you more about it.
Ellajac, I think my Mom should have used this on me BEFORE I was a teenager! Might have saved a lot of trouble. Ha, hope you aren't reading this Mom!
I am so glad I read this!! I had no idea that you could give apple cider vinegar to kids..lol. I didn't know at all. I'm so glad to know that this woks. I will try it myself one day!
Great idea.
Did it really work that easy? I am going to try it with my son...he is in the shining stage, to copy his sister...the fits that he throws with it are the toughest! Thanks!
I'll chat to you about Tassie ANYTIME! The closest place to paradise on this earth ;)
Post a Comment