About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Demolition Derby!

Whew! A minute to sit down and blog!! It's been pure chaos around here this week. Organized chaos, but chaos nonetheless! Last week, the landlord said he wasn't going to sell the house anymore (market slow, etc.) did we want to stay here another year? Screeeeeeching halt to househunting, and Peace-Treaty-type discussions followed. In the end, I caved we waved the white flag and agreed to stay as long as we could re-do the kitchen and lay down the hardwood floors we just happened to have waiting, and he would drop the rent by a big ol' chunk.... El landlord agreed! (The only reason this made sense to us is that we would be interested in buying this house next year, so we would benefit from having the kitchen redone already, etc.)

So, Saturday night around 5pm, Hubby and several friends/co-workers started DEMO-ing the kitchen and tore everything out! They had it all ripped apart and the new cabinets in place by around 10pm. Yes, that's a crazy time to be starting a project, but y'all should know by now that we operate a little out of the norm... (Don't worry, the kids were all in bed and snoring through the hammering! They're more than used to their crazy parents.) Hubby did some more work on it yesterday afternoon, and now all that's left is placing the sink and a new backsplash. In the meantime, I am washing dishes in the bathroom and cooking microwaving in there as well. Small price to pay for getting rid of the disgusting kitchen we had!

OH! Hubby also had a plumber friend here doing a project as well. He moved the washer/dryer from the dungeon garage into the small room off the kitchen! No more standing out there trying to keep the clean clothes from falling onto the dirty garage floor! No more shivering b/c it's freezing, or running the dryer on low b/c it's burning up out in the garage! Hurray! I am so glad to have a handy Hubby!

And wouldn't you know, the day before all this craziness starts, I went and ordered our new computer, taking the old one along to transfer all the data! So, I can't post any pics right now, as I'm using Hubby's laptop. Blogger's remorse. But soon, my friends! You too can share in the excitement of getting rid of the yucky kitchen and replacing it with a new one! I know you can't wait. :-)

2 comments:

Micah said...

That is GREAT! I can't wait to see the pictures. Your handy hubby rocks!
however... now I'll have new computer envy AND new kitchen envy... sigh.
LOL

sariah said...

What a great deal! New kitchen, lower rent....and I hope it works out for you to buy it next year. Not having to move always makes life so much less chaotic. :-) I'm excited to see pictures of your new kitchen.

Radical | A book by David Platt