About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, May 18, 2009

and that's the problem with today's kids...

Xman to Neighbor Kid: Look, we rented this movie! Do you want to watch it with us?

Neighbor: Yeah, sure.

XMan: Ok, why don't we go ask your mom if it's ok?

Neighbor: Why?

XMan: What do you mean, "why?"

Neighbor: Why does it matter what my Mom thinks?

XMan: Um...well, because they are in charge and aren't you supposed to get permission for stuff?

Neighbor: Not at my house.

YIKES!!!

3 comments:

Cayce said...

For some odd reason, I'm not surprised by this. Hmmm, makes you wonder who really rules the roost in most homes nowadays, huh? Yes, I agree ... it is SCARY! Let my kids try that tactic one day and I guaran-darn-tee they'll never forget to ask permission again. Yeah...

T said...

I know, it's sad! However, like Cayce said... my kids ask permission too!

Raising Olives said...

I agree with you,yikes!

We had a very similar thing happen. We had just moved in I had no idea who this 5 year old child was or where he lived. He had walked through the woods in back of our house and was playing with our children. I asked him if his mom knew where he was and he shrugged and said, "Dunno." I ended up hiking through the woods to his house, introducing myself to his grandma (mom is MIA). Very, very sad.

Radical | A book by David Platt