Sad story. I have never really watched this show, it always grated on my nerves to hear Kate Gosselin's shrill screaming aimed at her husband. It is no surprise to hear that their marriage is now a wreck. Who do you think is to blame? Is it all the parents fault? Or did the TV producers and fame have an effect on them as well? Do you think Christians should stay away from being on reality tv, especially when it involves their young children? I know of several families who have been contacted for the "Wife Swap" show and have flatly refused to put their family through that. Hubby and I were discussing that show one day and he was very adamant that we would never do something like that, no matter how much the $$$ kickback was. Why? Main reason, conflict sells. TV producers like the drama! They script the drama. Ratings are higher than ever before now that J&K are on the rocks! Over 8 million viewers this week to watch them admit they aren't doing well!

2 comments:
I have never seen this tv show, but wanted to make one comment. I do not think that we need laws to protect children, that is the parents responsibility. Shame on parents who don't do a good job, but also shame on parents who don't feed their children healthy foods or spend quality time with their children. However, I don't think that we need laws on what to feed children or how much time to spend with them.
God has clearly defined the roles of parents, churches and government and when we blur those roles, we can not expect God's continued blessings.
Good post.
Blessings,
Kimberly
I've never seen their show, but I read their book (which didn't impress me much). I lately saw a magazine cover at the store with Kate talking about separation (or rumors of that), and I was so disheartened.
I'm glad to see some extended family voicing concern, but I hate, HATE the first plan to be "laws need to be passed." Exactly how much oversight into our parenting do these people advocate? The camera-hours are not going to make or break these children's development, and I don't think it does any parents any favors when we start calling for Mother Government to have the final say in our family decisions. *sigh*
Post a Comment