About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Everything's all Caddywampus!

Huh? Caddy-what?? You know...

Caddywampus: The state of being grossly out of alignment, skewed, or uneven. A great Midwestern phrase; make sure to pronounce with a long 'E' for the full effect.

That's what I feel like lately! "Grossly out of alignment." My house has yet to recover from these projects, mainly because our house stuff got put on hold while the actual money-making projects got pushed front-row. Well, I can't really complain about that too much, can I?

Then, we went ahead and finished up with kindergarten. Applause, applause. Now I am trying to get a framework for next year's 1st grade curriculum put together. I know what I want to get, I am just nailing down the other details. (Like, where am I going to put everything if I don't get this house in order?!) We are going to a local home-school conference next weekend, where I hope to buy the curriculum sans-shipping costs. I must also try and not get lured in by all the bright, shiny packaging in the other booths!

In the meantime, we are adjusting to having other people over at our house this summer. Meaning, specifically, neighborhood children. I'm setting boundaries with that, and rules for XMan that he better if he knows what's good for him needs to adhere to. I.E. When there is a remote chance that Mommy might be nursing the baby on the couch, don't drag your little friends throught the house and ask to play Wii. Or even this one, don't take out the entire box of juice drinks and devour them within 2 hours of Mommy bringing them home from the store! Sigh...

I have also been taking this supplement lately, called 5HTP. I try to take one at nght, and one in the morning. It's pretty good stuff. It has really helped lower my Cranky Meter, which was getting a little bit out-of-control due to the stress of aforementioned Caddywampus-ness. Got all that?

Oh yeah, and remember when I tried to implement this schedule? (Let's all have a little chuckle. Go ahead, get it out of your system. Are you done yet?) Well, I absolutely must have some sort of routine in place! Maybe not down to the minute with each activity/chore, but I need something. I think that's one of my biggest struggles. When everything starts to spin out-of-control, I kind of shut down. Clutter, projects, managing the business, it seems so overwhelming! But, who else is going to do it if I don't? So, I really hope this summer we can get out of this perpetual state of Caddywampus-ness and get organized!







No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt