Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
I just have one thing to tell you about this week. We were out last night at the mall and saw a Muslim couple sitting near us. The wife had on a full niqab (and burqa) and that was the first time my sons have ever encountered that. XMan was especially curious and kept watching them. Eventually, his little 6 year old self did NOT loudly exclaim, "So, who's the Mystery Guest?!"
I did NOT almost choke on my taco salad because his expression was so stinking funny. I think he was actually expecting a prize or something if we figured out who she was. I then tried my best to explain why she was wearing that and I think maybe(?) he got it. Not sure. But on the way out, she was very sweet and said, "You have a beautiful family!" Thanks, sorry they were staring....
I did NOT have the brief, fleeting thought that, "You know, somedays with my children, I wish I could have my face covered up...then nobody would recognize me if they're acting up..." ;-)

2 comments:
OH MY GOSH~!!! I LOVE THAT! That is hilarious!
That has to be the funniest story ever, next to this one... My friend Jen and her 8 yr old were in the St. Johns Abby (a chocolate shop) and obviously Nuns run the place.. well after looking around for a little while H. looked at Jen and said,"Mom why is everyone dressed like witches?!" Jen said, honey they are Nuns not witches. And left quite hurried without a piece of chocolate.
Post a Comment