Here's what I'm doing this morning. I'm trying to figure out if there is anywhere local to go buy ladybugs?! Maybe a Feed Store? I found this place online... but I have friends coming over this weekend and I'd like to have an aphid-free playground by then! XMan saw these little white things crawling all over the playground yesterday when he went outside. They look like little balls of white lint, but they are actually called "wooly aphids."
So, then I read that ants like to eat the "honeydew" that aphids leave behind! I went outside to look, and lo and behold, ants were on the playground also!! UGH!!
NEED HELP FAST!! Anyone have any gardening experience?!

2 comments:
I've gotten rid of ants INDOORS by discouraging them with copious amounts of cayenne pepper where they were abiding. There are other similar methods you could find online.
I don't know if the ants leaving would make the aphids leave (fast enough), but it might be worth a try to buy some cayenne in bulk, go nuts in the backyard with it, and wonder if your neighbors think you're practicing sorcery or something. hehe.
A local nursery sells ladybugs here. Maybe try that, hth.
Post a Comment