Hubby is busy, busy, busy finishing the beach house he is working on. I am trying to get motivated to start the S-WORD next week. You know the one. SCHOOL. We have also been looking up rates and admission fees and gas prices and hotels and map questing for our big trip to NC in a few more weeks!
On Saturday, my friend H and I did "Once-a-Month-Cooking," or Freezer Cooking. We really did something more like "Week-and-a-Half-Cooking." ;-) We cooked 8 meals a-piece to freeze and eat when we were ready. It was a lot of fun and turned out pretty well, I do believe.
Then, we visited San Jacinto Monument and Battleship Texas this past Sunday. Those were a lot of fun, but by the time we got home, XMan and I had succumbed to a stomach virus. Everyone else quickly followed suit and it got pretty yucky here for a few days. :-p
I have been reading, (in addition to my Teacher's Manual for our curriculum) my HSLDA magazine, The Old Schoolhouse, the Beeyoutiful catalog, and "The Nursing Mother's Guide to Weaning." Oh, and the "The Birth Order Book," by Dr. Kevin Leman. (Very good book!! It completely backed up my conclusion that I am a
That's when I am not supervising Little Man's attempts at self-potty training. That's right. He decided to do it himself. His version is more like "pull my pants down to pee on a tree and forget to pull them back up." Which has resulted in Mommy hurriedly running outside and yanking his britches back up a few times. He also employs the "take my diaper off and use the carpet" method. That one was less effective and also may have set him back a few brownie points in my humble opinion. But, whatever.
So. Let's see. Did I forget anything? Oh! The Professional Organizer aka ANGEL SENT FROM HEAVEN will be coming back next week to help me obliterate the dump that is my desk area. She is also going to attempt an intervention with me and my clutter addiction. We'll see, but I ain't giving up the

1 comment:
Hehehe.. You BET they do that! Cut off a chicken's head and turn it loose and it flips and flops and bounces and zig-zags... Getting blood everywhere, so be careful.
We usually hang ours by the feet and Hubby slits their throats.. A cleaner, neater, nicer, calmer way to die. They do flap their wings a lot as their nervous system discharges, but it's not nearly so drastic as the hatchet method. And you don't have to go searching through the brambles to locate them. :)
Post a Comment