About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Grade?!

Sniff. My baby is already old enough for "first grade"? When did that happen? We started school yesterday for XMan. It took a whopping hour and a half to do the whole lesson plan. :-) I better enjoy these early years, once I have 2 or 3 kids in school, I am sure it will take a little bit longer. We are mainly using "My Father's World" curriculum, with a few extras added in. I seem to be too eclectic to just use one single boxed set of anything. But, that's what works for us.

A week or so ago, I had a wonderful Professional Organizer came to *assess* my situation,clutter,closets, you name it. I'm sure she walked away in absolute awe of my delicately balanced piles of paperwork and homeschool supplies. If not, well, at least I didn't scare her too much because she came back yesterday! (Money is such a big motivator, eh?) Anyway, we spent 2 whole hours working on a filing system. With our personal stuff, Hubby's business stuff, and homeschool resources, I was starting to get buried under all of it! I think we came up with something that will work, now it's just up to me to implement it.

This morning, I sent the kiddos outside before starting XMan's work. Maybe it will help get some wiggles out. Ha. Hahahahaha. I said maybe, right?!

TTFN!

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt