About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Go figure.

Leave it to me and my big mouth to jinx myself! As soon I publicly announce plans to go on a fun family mini-trip, what happens?

"Sorry, Barbie, plans have changed."
(Did anyone ever have that computer game besides me?)

Hubby's work schedule is flexible at times, but apparently not quite elastic enough to include two (expensive) trips within a few weeks of each other. Mainly because lost job time=lost pay time. Not only for him, but for the two men working for us. We just can't crunch the numbers enough to make it work right now. Sigh. So, it looks like my dream vacation of renting a cabin at Agarita Creek will have to wait. (Yes, you guessed correctly Jessica S.!)

We've had our mandatory trip to NC in September planned for quite a while. Time to go visit the family and NC friends! It's also a handy location in case of hurricane evacuations... Which the Farmer's Almanac has predicted we'll need yet again this year. They've been right for the last few big hurricanes to hit this area. I just love taking inventory of my house to see what we can live without, and what absolutely must go with us. Thankfully, we learned a lot about what could stay behind last year.


In other news, this weekend we went to nearby "Gator Country." It was quite a sight! The boys had fun throwing hot dog pieces to the "small" 4-6ft alligators. Hubby said it was the most expensive hot dog he's ever bought though. $2 for two hotdogs, ha. I think we can get a pack for that at the store. We watched the mama alligators get protective when the handlers riled them up for us. Then we briefly saw Big Al, the (certified) largest alligator in TX. He is estimated to be about 75-80 years old and he is over 13 ft. long! He has a history of eating cows, dogs and plenty of other unconfirmed things. They finally captured him and brought him to his fat and happy retirement home a few years back. We were impressed. Oh, the lady said there was going to be a reality show about the park and their escapades capturing local alligators. Hm, sounds crazy!

Let's see, what else has been going on lately? Oh, I am getting ready to start a diet and I am ready to wean Baby Girl. I know, she's only 9 months, but oh my heavens, the teeth!!! She has a whopping 5 teeth and one more coming in on the top, and they HURT. I had to wean both the boys at around 10 months because of the biting and all. She's also really digging the table food thing too, so I don't feel too bad about slowing down the milk intake. The hard part is losing the bonding time with my baby girl. Sniff.

Whoa!! As I am sitting here writing this, Little Man just came up to me and said, " Mommy! I went potty and pulled my pants back up!!" WHAT?? All by yourself??? Alright, man!!! We're getting there!

With that said, I need to go make supper.

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt