Whew, we had a busy weekend! We were all over the place; running errands, going to church, dinner with friends. Today is starting slowly.... Not to mention all the rain and storms we had this weekend. It knocked the power out in one area of town and some people had wind damage. We even saw one telephone pole down on the corner of someone's roof! It's still pretty gray and overcast here right now. Such a great day to curl up with the
umpteen thousand magazines and books I haven't finished yet! But, alas, my laundry baskets are groaning under the weight of mud-caked little boys clothes!
I read (somewhere, can't remember where right now) that in this little corner of Texas, we have until August 1st to try and plant a FALL garden. Since my SPRING garden did not
survive flourish, I'ma gonna try it again! Maybe, just maybe, I can produce an
edible tomato this time. (If not, in case of national economic collapse, can we please come eat with you??? My kids are really cute. :-))
Speaking of my kids, here's a picture of the boys riding around at our friend, Laura's house/mini-farm/homestead. They loved visiting and getting to see baby goats and chickens.
No comments:
Post a Comment