About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, September 25, 2009

We're not done yet?!

**You should know that my husband asked me, "Are you proof-reading these at all?" Well, I am NOT b/c I barely have time to write them, much less check my typing, which I know is atrocious. See, y'all don't realize that I usually proof-read everything about twice b/c I CANNOT TYPE at all. One time my old boss had to dictate a letter to me, and instead of doing it from across the office, he stood beside my desk. UGH! I goobered it all up typing! Anyway! Pardon the typos, ok?


Day 10
We woke up, went to Bob Evans and met our good friends, Frank and Jenna there. They were minus one child, who was at Mother's Day Out at their church, but oldest Franklin and youngest Lillian were there and our kids enjoyed seeing them. Oh, and baby #4 was in the oven, waiting for her turn in all the ruckus!

Then we took Daddy back to Gma's and he went "shooting" with Gpa Louis at a gun range in Uwharrie Nat'l Forest. Gma and I took the kidlets and went to the mall. It was a quick and painless trip, and we got a lot of cute stuff for the baby girls: Halia and cousin Maddie.

Then, I turned the boys over to Gma and she took them back to her house. I took Halia and headed to our old neighborhood to see our friend Nickie. This was actually the first time I didn't miss our old house at all. We had a good visit and then I left to drop in on my friend, Laura and her kiddos. (See all the running around we do while in NC? We spend more gas in town than we do on the whole way up there!) Finally, I drove back to Mom's to get the rest of my clan, and we went to meet our buddies Kim and Kristin for dinner. Whew!

Day 11
Went to my Mammaw's to visit with her for a while. Back to Mom's because best friend since high school, Cayce was coming to dinner. We had fun hanging out in Mom's pool one more time before it got too chily. Then we had some of the BEST RIBS EVER! I love to use the Neely's BBQ sauce recipes. They are soooo yummy, and doing ribs in the oven is just the tastiest way to do them! No more grilling ribs for this family! They just fall apart when they are slow-cooked in the oven or crockpot!

That was a great evening and the boys ahd so much fun playing around in the pool.

Day 12
We went out to our friend's the Yarbroughs. We absolutely LOVE going there. It's such a relaxed environment out at their family farm. Daddy and I went with Eddie out to the river to his "gun range" he has built out there. Basically, he built up a berm behind as target area, and that's where they practice shooting. I got to shoot my handgun for the very first time, and it did ok for a few rounds, then jammed. Daddy said it's been jamming every time he's fired it, so we will probably get a different one and get rid of that one! Ugh. Then I fired his and Eddie's, to see the difference. Wowzers. I was glad I hit the targets, but man, they packed a lot more kick. Then, we shot the AR15, which is basically the M-16 we used in the Marines. That was fun. I was happy to know that I shoot better now than I did in the rifle range at boot camp, ha.

They had their large animal vet coming to check on a horse, so we watched with interest for a little while. Then XMan and I took Halia on a walk, down around the "lane" where the rest of the Yarbroughs (grandparents and brother and sister) live. Somebody's dogs came running up from across a field at one point, but Xav said, "Oh, it's ok, those dogs know me!" I was kind of skeptical, thinking, "Um, yeah, but we haven't been here since last year! How well do they remember...?" Apparently, either they did recognize him or they just didn't care, because they licked us and sniffed and we went on our merry way, ha.

When we got back to the house, I laid Halia down for a nap and then decided to take one myself. The boys rode horses and rode on the tractor while the girls took it easy! Around dinnertime, we headed back to Mom's again!

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt