Last Friday, we drove to Houston and personally signed for the check from the insurance/wrecker office. The insurance claims rep was pretty amused that we drove all the hour and a half there to get the check ourselves. The other option was waiting another week to get it in the mail, which Hubby wasn't going for. :-) That was a miserable day for driving, though! It was storming really bad all around our area, and the roads were flooded everywhere. We were seriously questioning our sanity by the time we got home.
Before picking XMan up and heading to the house, we had to stop and meet one of Hubby's sub-contractors to give him a check. The gas station we met at was right across the street from a car dealership.... where a big fancy Ford F-350
just happened to be sitting! Lo and behold, it met all of Hubby's qualifications, and we knew it was the right one! They were closing up shop, so we made plans to come back the next morning. Which we did, and signed
our lives away the deal. They wanted to clean it up real perty, and give it an oil change, so we agreed to come get it on Monday. So, now we have THIS in our driveway....

Yeehaw!
This morning, we have a 4H field trip to HEB, ha, love those grocery store field trips. Then, tomorrow afternoon, we have pictures by Antiquities, which I am really looking forward to!
Because we
jet-set more than Brangelina just can't stand to be sitting still very long, early Saturday morning, we are driving to (outside of) San Antonio to go get
one of THESE!!! So excited! We have been trying to find the best fit for a new one. I think it's going to be great! I am also excited about meeting this momma-of-many and seeing their
organizational ideas. :-)
Lots of fun! I will blog about it when we get home!
3 comments:
Cute ... the puppy, not the truck. Just don't tell Dan I said that. HA!!
wow... had no idea you were one of those puppy "takers!" Neat!
By the way, we have the same set of shelves.. I actually have a picture of them (empty - they're now full of hand-me-down boxes and such) on my hard drive for a blogpost about my 'worst-case scenario, Auschwitz-style bunkbeds." Which I haven't written. Yet.
Congrats, on both! How exciting! What a great new era you're starting. :o )
Post a Comment