About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I have proof!











SEE? I have proof that I went, I saw, I met! I had a blast yesterday at the book signing for Ree Drummond's cookbook! She was so neat and seemed very down-to-earth. Hubby dropped me and Baby Girl off for the day, while he took the boys to a nearby gun show. Then, they trekked to a super-crowded mall and killed time waiting for Mommy and the other 600+ people to get done standing in lines. At first, I was a little worried about having the baby all day long with no means of laying her down for a nap, or even someone to help hold my seat during potty breaks! But, I prayed about all that before we even left the house, and wouldn't ya know it?! God took care of every detail! She was soooooo amazingly good for me the whole day! She eventually got sleepy enough to fall asleep in my arms, which only killed my back a little bit ;-), but it was very worth it!

I met some very sweet ladies yesterday! There were all sorts of different women there (and a few husbands too) to meet The Pioneer Woman. I think her humor and candidness must cross all kinds of boundaries, because it was a very eclectic group. I met older women, "country" women, "city girls", grandmas, teenagers, and saw lots of other babies. I also had a great time meeting and visiting with these two ladies: Tillie and her friend Ashley were so sweet! Baby Girl made an instant connection with them and I was excited to meet other bloggers! (We're also going to be praying that they both have sweet little pumpkins of their own soon! Ok?)










SO, it was a very long day, with lots of sitting/standing/waiting, but I finally got to meet Ree! She was very sweet and managed to keep smilin' and signin' for at least 6 hours..... I really don't know how long it went on after I left! Here's my proof:

5 comments:

Micah said...

Awesome! What a great picture:D Wish I could have braved the lines with ya.

The Hawkins said...

Hi Jana! It was so great to meet you and your little one on Saturday! Take Care and keep updating! Love your blog :)

The Hawkins said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mollie said...

I'm so jealous!! I'm glad you had a good time, things worked out and you got to meet Ree. I wish she'd come this way!!

Sonya said...

Hello! I was sitting behind you at the book signing with my mom, aunt(who was able to hold your little girl),&two others. It was nice to meet you, & your baby was so adorable and good! Ha, I got to your blog through someone else's through Ree's. Keep your light shining!

Radical | A book by David Platt