About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Checklist....

Camera? Check. Batteries charging? Check. Cookbook? Check. Diapers for kiddos? Check. Movie for the car? Check. Directions? Check. Stroller? Check. Hmmm, what else....

We are leaving early tomorrow to head to Houston. Hopefully the roads won't be icy in the morning, from the winter "storm" that blew through our area today. The snow was dreadfully disappointing in our neighborhood. I heard some people actually got to see it and feel it! It just kept mixing with rain over our house, oh well.

Anyway, we're all piling in and going to Houston. Daddy and the boys are dropping me off at the book signing and then they're heading to a gun show. what a healthy, redneck, male thing to go to, right? So, Baby Girl and I are going it alone. Well, with the hundreds of other people we'll be in line with, I doubt we'll feel alone.

I just hope I don't clam up and not say anything other than, "Hi. Can you make it out to Jana? Thanks." Hopefully, something more profound or witty or sincere will come out. Once, Hubby and I went to a parenting seminar by Lisa Whelchel in our area. Afterwards, she was doing a book signing and I was all excited about having her sign my book. I had a neat little phrase I wanted to have her write for me, but when we got up front, I went blank. I might be smart-alecky in writing, but sometimes in reality, I freeze up!

We'll see tomorrow, won't we?!

2 comments:

melanie said...

I'm sure with your precious little one with you, you'll receive some attention from PW! I'm so jealous btw! Have fun!

Tillie said...

It was so super great to meet you at the book signing! I love your blog!

Radical | A book by David Platt