About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Great Room Swap, 2009











Well, he did it! Hubby built some new bunkbeds for the boys and he did it within just a few days also! We stained them a dark walnut color to hide any impending crayon or bite marks, and it looks really nice. Hubby put the stain on dark and then wiped it off a bit, so the effect is pretty cool, I think. We set them up last night, and the boys slept in the Room Formerly Known as Baby Girl's Room last night.

They were excited, she on the other hand, was NOT. She was pretty irritated at being up later than normal anyway, but when we moved her crib to the opposite wall, she started having a fit. When she realized her "bubbas" were in her room to sleep, like for the whole night, she completely lost it. There was much wailing and moaning and gnashing of teeth! I didn't realize my almost-14 month old Baby Girl was so against change!! Wow, that was an eye-opener! My normally very compliant little one suddenly became irate at sharing her room. It literally took her ALL night to settle down. At 2am, I gave in and did something of which every parent is sometimes guilty or wishes they had the guts to do! and she slept peacefully after that. (Can you guess what I did?) And I had some myself, thankyouverymuch.


Right now, we're attempting the First Naptime with the new sleeping arrangements. Pray for me! We are going to turn the other room into a more functional school room/play room.

4 comments:

Mollie said...

Well, my first guess was nursing...but the 2nd sentence struck that out. Then I thought maybe you brought her to your bed..but again...

So, I'll go with some whiskey? LOL

MamaJ said...

Haha, nope, it was a shot of Benadryl. Desperate times call for desperate measures....

Mollie said...

As soon as I hit submit, I thought of Benadryl. Didn't I give you some when you were here?? Ha!

MamaJ said...

HAHA, yep you did! Every few months, we have one of those moments, I guess!

Radical | A book by David Platt