About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Enjoying...

We're really enjoying not having cable or satellite anymore!    We thought it might be hard to finally cut the TV out, but it hasn't been bad at all.  We started buying family-friendly/Christian dvds a while back so that we've built up a better movie library.   We also bought an antenna and we get 4 Christian channels in addition to the local channels.   Sometimes the news comes in clearly, sometimes it doesn't.    When Hubby wanted to catch some of the Nascar race Sunday afternoon, it didn't come in too well... So, we're trying to figure out how to get around that.  But, overall, the kids are behaving better together, and we haven't been inundated with horribly immodest commercials anymore!    So happy about that!  
I do have to confess, I miss watching "19 Kids and Counting," and seeing the Duggars more often.  But, I have checked in on the website a few times and that's been sufficient.   Hurray for less TV!!! 

1 comment:

sariah said...

Good for you! We finally gave up TV all together about 9 or 10 months ago. What a waste of time and you are so right about the commercials- they're horrible!!
We can watch DVD's on our computer, but it's not very comfortable so that encourages less movie watching. I really find the kids are so much more active and creative without TV. (which also means messier too!)

Radical | A book by David Platt