So, let's see. I had great intentions of starting bright and early Monday morning, but as usual, when I have great intentions, thing seem to quickly go into a tailspin. Sunday night, we were calling our Dr. friend to say, um, Baby Girl has a bright spotty rash all over her face, neck and arms, and has had a fever since we left South Padre Island. It looked similar to measles to me, according to everything I could look up online, so he said, "Ok, be at my office right before 8 and we'll get you in." Thankfully Monday started out slow for Hubby as far as work went, so we were able to go to the dr. and then go get bloodwork done. (Wouldn't you know it, their lab girl had called in sick, so we had to go to a diagnostic office nearby.) Anyway, after that, we ended up running all over town getting other errands done and by 1 o'clock when we got home I said, "School can wait until tomorrow!"
Tuesday, we started after breakfast and Little Man threw a ton of fits, Baby Girl had no clue why we weren't paying attention solely to her, and Xman whined like crazy.
Wednesday, things went a little smoother and Xman complained less. Little Man was a bit more agreeable and even practiced his alphabet for about 10 minutes. Baby Girl played with puzzles and her dolls while we worked.
Thursday, Xman did a lot better and read all his assignments without complaining. Little Man played puzzles and games with Baby Girl while we worked and it was a good morning!
Friday, Xman got a lesson in horticulture/free enterprise while he and I helped Daddy do tree work all day. Little Man and Baby Girl went to Nana's and got to visit while we worked our tails off dragging tree limbs off after Daddy cut them down. He earned a whopping $20 at the end of the day and he couldn't have been happier! They're finishing up hauling off the limbs today and then moving on to mowing yards. Poor Daddy, he doesn't get a day off even on his days off! I think Xman got a full appreciation for how hard his Dad works all the time.
**Thankfully, nobody else got the rash Baby Girl had! My bloodwork showed immunity to measles, which was our main concern with being pregnant and all. **

3 comments:
LOL!! I can totally relate. I always say I had the best of intentions and then I had children. ;) I posted our first week report on my blog too. It was an ... interesting ... week.
What did it turn out to be? Ray got Roseola when I was first pregnant with Treyson. Before we knew I was Roseola it really freaked us out because all signs pointed to measles(and my bloodwork shows only borderline immunity to measles, at best). But it was harmless Roseola, so all was good. lol
How is she doing now?
We're not totally sure b/c he didn't blood test her, figured she was already on the way over it anyway & didn't want to bring her into the office to pass it around. It might have been Roseola though, he didn't think the spots were bright enough or distinct enough to be measles.
D said he knew we got shots for EVERYTHING in the Marine Corps, I didn't know what they were giving us, yikes!
Post a Comment