About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hey!!

Whew!!!  I finally got a chance to jump off the roller coaster!    Our ceremony went beautifully, our vacation was awesome and S-I-L's wedding was great!   Little Man turned 4, and Hubby turned 31.  And we did all that within 2 weeks, crazy huh?  We only had one hiccup from vacation, and that was losing Hubby's cell phone.  We're sure we lost it in the hotel room, but nobody ever turned it in.  Ugh.  So, after paying a replacement fee, we got a new phone, but lost all 200 contacts he had.    Super. 
 
This week, I have *attempted* to start school back up.  Or, as one friend called it "Fun with Learning" time.    (Very funny, Tammy!)     Everyone knows how the beginning of the school year goes, lots of review, etc. etc, etc.   Actually, it's really made me reconsider taking a long summer break again next year.  I like one approach I read about in my Home Educating Family magazine,  the author called it "Sabbath Schooling."  They work for 6 weeks and take the 7th week off.   They still fit in 36 weeks of school, but don't have to cram them all into 9 1/2 months.  Very interesting...
 
Several of my friends never finished last year's work and their children have been doing a light schedule all summer.  Then there's me, who had to move in March, go to NC in May, have 2 weddings and a vacay in August...so our life has been non-stop chaos for several months now!     A modified school schedule is definitely something we could use.   I don't really like being bound to the public school system calendar anyway!   Why do it the same way they do when the whole point was to NOT do it the same way they do??

Anyway, just some thoughts in my head right now.    Everything pregnancy-wise is going well.   I feel great and the baby is growing right along.   We are trying to get an ultrasound scheduled so that we can see what this little peanut is going to be.  We have our names picked out, somehow we always seem to know the name long before the birth.    

More soon! 


No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt