About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, January 14, 2011

6 years ago

6 years ago today, Hubby & I were holding hands, watching over him as the last bit of life left our precious little son, Elijah.   God has brought us up and down some pretty big roller coasters since then, but we've grown so much that we wouldn't change a thing.  Tonight, I am sitting here, having *some* contractions, praying that this little blessing would come meet us soon.   Without Elijah and his mark on our lives, we might not even be looking forward to Baby Z's birth.   It was his impact and the lessons God taught afterward that brought to the conclusion that children are a blessing.  Period.  No numbers attached, no quotas, no ifs, ands or buts.    I can't wait to see his little face and count each little finger and toe.  I know that sleepless nights, teething, and diaper rashes await me.  I know that having 4 children and homeschooling is a challenge that I will need to rise to.   But, I know that I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I am so thankful for the place He has planted me, and the task He has given me.    Now, come on Baby Z!  Mama's ready to try this homebirth thing out!!   

 

5 comments:

Micah said...

What a beautiful remembrance Jana. I hope those contractions keep comin'!

Michael Paine said...

Believe it or not I think about your baby boy Elijah quite a bit. I know that nothing anyone ever says or does can ever take away the pain of your loss, but I want you to know that I marvel at your courage! I have seen through you and Jessica Carlin strength in women that I didn't know exsisted. That is amazing and highly regarded by me. Thanks for the faithful example you give us that have never walked a mile in your shoes on how to continue on in the faith even after such a tramatic loss. May God touch you in a special way today and you will feel His presence.

EllaJac said...

my thoughts have been with you this week; your day, mine, E's anniversary and Z's hopeful appearance!

God is good.

Jessica said...

wonderful post. Treyson changed us forever in that way also. If it weren't for Treyson's mark on our life we probably wouldn't be adopting 3 kiddos at once! Thanking God for Elijah and his incredible mark on your life!

Danielle said...

I pray you have a wonderful birth experience. Excited to see how things went! Enjoy your sweet little babe.

Radical | A book by David Platt