About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Head to Foot Bible Memory Verses

Have you ever heard about Rick and Marilyn Boyer?   If you haven't you should totally hop on over to their blog and check out the wealth of parenting wisdom they have!   The Boyers have had 14 children, homeschooled them all, and are now helping teach and train the next generation of Boyers, their many grandchildren!   Marilyn posts about how they "do" school and they also offer a lot of resources at TheLearningParent.com.      Today I noticed that they have one of their resources as a free download! 
It's a list of "Head to Foot" Bible verses.   If you look at her link, you'll see a picture of one of their daughters, blown-up onto a large poster board.  They listed the verses at each body part and as she writes, 
"The idea behind this was to instruct our child that they were not here to make it a goal to amuse or please themselves necessarily, but to submit their body to God’s purposes and His ways."

How neat!  I think you might like it.  Here's the link:   Head to Foot Bible verses

2 comments:

EllaJac said...

I have a book by her, but I didn't know they had a blog!

MamaJ said...

They just started it last year, I believe. I have 2-3 books by them and several of their Scripture flash card sets. Very cute. Which book do you have?
They were one of the first "large families" I was aware of. Of course, the Duggars were in that category too. :-)

Radical | A book by David Platt