If you asked what my "Fruit of the Spirit" looked like lately, I'd have to admit, pretty rotten. The last few weeks of pregnancy for me are always hard. I struggle with not being in control of situations, it's a huge area God is constantly dealing with me about. So, to always have babies that insist on coming a week or so past their due dates is pretty frustrating. Not that due dates are something to really go by anyway. If this pregnancy has shown us anything, it's that there are no guarantees about something as intricate conception and gestation! For me, having an out-of-whack cycle in the first place made getting pregnant while nursing even more adventurous. The due date we were going by originally is more like 42+ weeks. So, instead, I should be 40 weeks RIGHT NOW and I am measuring that, dead on.
I also have a lot of Natural Pregnancy Contractions,or Braxton-Hicks contractions starting around 25-30 weeks. A lot. Like, 5-14 hours worth in one evening?! Enough that we had to go to the hospital and try to stop them a couple of weeks ago. Of course, at that point, we thought we were too early, around 33-34 weeks. Then, it turned out that according to the ultrasound, we were probably more like 36 weeks already and it would have been safe to go ahead and let labor progress. Now, I'm afraid we've scared the little guy into staying put! He's probably thinking, "Well, I already tried this one time and it didn't work out so hot...."
:-/
Because of our hospital encounter and thinking that Little Bit might be trying to come pretty soon, we started cleaning and organizing like crazy. I drove Hubby a little nuts with all the Honey Do's for a few days. So, of course, now that we've relaxed and the house is back to its, um, normal state, he will probably decide to come. Ha. Pray for my peace of minds, friends!

2 comments:
Oh, it will be soon! Maybe your birthday.. or mine.. :) One day at a time!
Praying for you! Those last few days can be rough.
Post a Comment