One of my friends noted that I was going on and on about all these changes...and then haven't blogged again in a while. Hehe. Well, I was mostly waiting for everything to be confirmed, and then somewhat waiting for MY TURN AT THE COMPUTER! Sheesh. (XMan is trying to persuade us to do a computer curriculum next year, I'm thinking "I don't know. That could cut into my Facebook time..." HA, not really.....)
Anyway. Someone else has also been a busy bee on the computer, printing out invoices and making bids on construction work...yep, Hubby is at it again! He went full-time with our landscaping/construction business again the other week! We've been praying about it for months, after our family time had dwindled down to next-to-nothing and his presence was being sorely missed on Sunday mornings at church. (Especially in our pew, where I could've used extra hands to help keep wiggly bottoms still!) He entertained a few other job options, but those didn't really work for us either. So, he finally said, "That's enough! I'm just going to work for myself again!" Ah, freedom. For a neat post about men and their job choices, go here.
The next big change we were waiting on was the status of this house. The landlady was checking into owner financing it, because she & her new husband are moving overseas, and she doesn't want the house hanging around as a rental. She told us she had to discuss it with her lawyer(?) and she would be getting back with us. We called her about 8 times in the past 3 weeks trying to see what the verdict was...and finally heard back from her today. Ugh. A no go. Her lawyer advised her against doing an owner finance, so she is willing to let us keep renting it, but she will be putting it on the market after we move. Hm. So, we are trying to lower our monthly expenses and the rent here is pretty high. Hope she realizes the market is sloooooowwww in this area right now. It's pretty frustrating that this house will most likely sit here, empty, waiting for a buyer, when we were willing to pay for it every month. :-S
We've been looking online and riding around checking out rental houses in the area. When you have 4 kids, a dog, two work trailers, a TON of tools and books....you kind of need just the right house. We've seen several options, but nothing was the right fit yet. We're going to keep praying and looking...
So, anyway, that's a snippet of what's going on in our world right now. There's more, but the kiddos are in bed & I want to be too! :-)

1 comment:
Thanks for throwing us a bone Jana! lol
You have such a hard working hubby. I'm sure the job change was not easy decision but I'm glad you and the kids are getting to see him more. I wish we could all figure out how to live and keep daddy at HOME with us. I'd love to see Bob more.
Sounds like housing is still kinda up in the air. The housing market is so slow because they are still asking WAYYYY too much for em! yikes!
I'm sure God has just the place for ya'll ..its just a matter of time.
thanks for blogging.... :)
Post a Comment