About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Changes...

hubby's job.  possibly the city we live in.  which would of course lead to changing houses.  the vehicles we drive.  the way we diaper our babies ;-).   whether we keep the dog or not.  the way we budget.  my weight (please, Lord!).  how we homeschool our children...... 

We are in the middle of so many changes right now.  It's hard not to be completely overwhelmed and let fear creep in.   I have very little control over any of these variables, it's really all up to God.   Each change seems dependent on another one.  Cloth diapers and whether I lose any weight are about the only things I can really take care of without manipulating anyone else.  :-)   Maybe I should just pour my pent-up frustrations into a good workout? 
 
I keep remembering why I named this blog, "Faithfully Following."   That was yet another season where I was being led to let go of all that is familiar and just trust God's hand.    My life is like a box of chocolates life is more like a salad spinner.    Everything gets a good washing, thrown in the bowl, and spun around and around until voila!   You're left with all the stuff that's supposed to be good for you!  

Seems like I've heard it phrased another way before...

"For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined." Psalm 66:10

Slowly, but surely, being refined.  

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt