Taking a Break
So, this week has been the start of a month-long "fast" from Facebook. Why in the world would I need to do that?? Sigh, well, to be quite honest, it was becoming a huge Time Stealer! With the ease of checking FB from my phone, it was a constant barrage of who's doing what and who's going where. And I was constantly updating my status, or checking on everyone else's! I have four children and a loving husband who need my time way more than ol' Mark Zuckerberg needs my data usage on FB.
Psalm 119:37 kept jumping out at me as I would read my Bible.
"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways."
We've been busy with our schoolwork, grocery shopping, grilling out at the park, reading new books, and running errands. Tomorrow night, we're heading to an Astro's game and maybe we'll even go exploring on Saturday. It feels pretty good being FB-free so far!
3 comments:
Now, that was a very good post. There are WAY TOO MANY THINGS like this that are causing us mamas to stray from our God give path. God bless you with a wonderful month!
Thank you, Jem!
Our pastor (my age) last week illustrated his sermon with a playful check at his phone: "Oo look, someone's at Costco!" Truly surreal, from a perspective of human history! Enjoy your 'time off'! :)
Post a Comment