Well, I guess I will start by telling everyone about the trip down here!! We were able to get the truck loaded with some TREMENDOUS help! Thanks to Eugene, Scott, Matt and Roger for all their help!!! Even with all the help, we had to leave some nonessential things behind until we can make a trip back to NC. (Thus insuring a trip in the near future, hehe.)
So, we had planned to leave out at the crack of dawn last Thursday. We spent the night at Scott & Tracy's and were all refreshed and ready to go. And then, we got back to the house and.... NO TRUCK KEY!!! Yep, that's right. It took about two more hours to call Penske, get a new key made and then finally head out. Thankfully, they said, "Hey, this happens all the time!" An hour after we got the on road, Scott & Tracy called to say that they troublesome key had been found in the playroom, of all places!! We still don't know how that happened....
As soon as we hit the SC border, WEATHER struck! It started to rain and didn't stop for the next ten hours. By noon, the windshield wipers on the car literally began melting to the window. I stared at the white lines and the back of the big, yellow truck the entire trip! Little Man and Reagan rode with me, while XMan had fun riding with Daddy in the truck. They had fun trying to get the big truckers to honk their horns.
It was raining so hard through Georgia, that I didn't even know we were IN Altlanta until 1/2 way through it! I was able to get a quick shot of the Olympic torch. Yes, people, I was taking pictures while driving, in the rain, with a stick shift car! Ok??? You try driving for 10 hours and see if you don't get bored. That will also explain the picture of me, pretending to be asleep while driving... Hehe.
We had finally had enough of driving in the awful conditions by 7pm (NC time) and decided to stop early. So, we switched our hotel reservations from Mobile, AL, to a nearby one and went to go get some rest.

No comments:
Post a Comment