Well, the rain is here again. I was watching the weather tonight and see that Charlotte is getting pounded with rain also, so I can't feel too sorry for myself.
I had to take the boys out in the rain to run errands today and that was a real riot. Since the air condition is on the blink, the defrost (or de-fog) function isn't working either. And since Texas is very FLAT, water basically stays on the roads. Picture me wiping the windshield repeatedly while trying not to hydroplane.... I had to run in and return some library videos and then we made our way to Wal-Mart. I used the huge golf umbrella (which is 1/2 the size of our little Civic) to shuffle myself and both boys into the store. We got one of the last dry carts and made our way to Customer Service to return something. A while later, we made our way to check-out where I was so excited to see a lane open with no-one waiting! I started to dig through my purse for my wallet and guess what? No wallet. The irritated cashier agreed to keep my stuff while I went BACK out into the rain with the boys to go check the car. (I had vague recollections of Dan telling me to get my wallet out from under the seat of the car.) So, we reluctantly gave up the dry buggy and ran out to the car to go look. Xav found it right under the front seat and we went back inside. The still-huffy lady with all the "Star Cashier" badges on rang us up and we loaded the buggy back up. Before we left the store, I decided to just hold Caed, the flat of canning jars I bought, and the larger thanTexas golf umbrella. I strapped Xav down with the other two bags and off we went. Thank goodness I didn't hit any bumps in the parking lot, or down we all would have gone! What an adventure.
On a sillier note, Xav just came up and told me, "Mom, Ocean Spray cranberry juice only has 5 little calories. Don't just exercize, Bogger-cize."
The other day, he was getting a pair of socks on and he pulled three out instead of two. From the other room, I hear, "What?? Did I leave them in there too long and they had a baby?!"
Haha

No comments:
Post a Comment