About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Home Sweet Home

By the time we get back in the little white car and head for Texas, I'll have been in NC for a month. It has been a very bittersweet time here, especially with the seasons finally changing. This is always my favorite time of the year in North Carolina. The colors are absolutely gorgeous as the trees start to change. I also never realized the extent of farmlands and wooded areas I grew up around. I have really enjoyed driving around the country roads I know by practically heart. I could drive some of these wind-y, hilly roads with my eyes closed. (In fact I have, don't tell Mom. It was a dare.)
This morning, we woke up to a definite chill in the air as Fall finally moves in. I would say this is a welcome break from the humid southeast Texas weather I have grown accustomed to, but Dan informs me it has been equally as beautiful down there. So, I suppose I will have to give Texas credit where credit is due. In all reality, the kids and I are starting to miss our house, our new friends, our new church. It has been so wonderful seeing our old friends, worshipping at our old church, and being with family. But, I know God called us to Texas for a reason, and I know it is my responsibility to carry through with that calling. So, when we do finally load up the little Road Warrior and head south, I know we will be looking forward, not looking back with longing.
The incredible amount of pain and heartache my family has endured these past few weeks is almost unbearable, yet I know that God has me firmly in His grasp. There is nothing that can touch my life without His Sovereign approval. Almost three years ago now, Dan and I walked through a fire similar to this one when our precious son died. This trial by fire has been similar, but with a different type of pain. The unanswered questions and doubtful excuses are more painful than any true solid diagnosis could ever be. With our son, we knew the answers, we knew the outcome might be death. I never thought I would see my father's life end this way. I never thought God would allow our Grandfather to leave us so quickly after. But, I am trying to rest in the knowledge that God knew, and that is enough.
So, continue to pray for us, please. Continue to pray that God will heal, that He will comfort. We love you all.

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt