About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

NC State Fair

heyhey. Yesterday I began my across-the-state-visiting-family adventure. The boys and I piled into the Road Warrior and drove to Franklinton (near Raleigh) to visit my cousin, Christy. We had a wild time getting through traffic, finding a parking spot, walking to the fair grounds and trying to high-tail it to the UNC-TV booth in time to see the cartoon characters Xav loves. My cousin is so calm, she deserves a medal for putting up with my rowdy boys. I, on the other hand, was frazzled from Week 3 of "Young Children Out of Normal Routine". We rode rides, talked to State Troopers (DPS officers) who handed out stickers, climbed inside an 18-wheeler, and ate cotton candy, nachos and sloppy hotdogs. Oh, and we saw a13ft. alligator in a cage. Xav was most impressed by the alligator and the Ferris wheel. Exhausted, we finally made our way back to Chritty's house and fell into bed.
Today, we went to church with the family and ate at MOE'S (YUMMM!!!!!!) before driving up the hills to Lenoir, where my aunt lives. Tomorrow, we will have more exciting adventures! Tonight, I must sleep......

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt