Ok, well, at least in our family it does! Most people try to steer away from exhausting adventures when the kids are out of their element, or the parents are mentally exhausted themselves.
Not I. "Suck it up kids, we're going on a Road Trip."
Well, okay, I didn't quite put it that way. I didn't even tell them, to be honest. We basically just loaded the car and left before I said how long they would actually need to sit in those car seats.
So! The trip to Raleigh to see my cousins went very well. We have become quite efficient at catching up on all the family news in just a few hours! The boys and I enjoyed seeing Christy and Michael, and then seeing Brandon and Mandy and their boys on Sunday.
Sunday afternoon, we left and headed on up the interstate for Lenoir, where my aunt lives. It was a pretty drive and we had fun along the way. The boys and I are getting a little routine down when we are in the car together. Xman has even become a little helper for me. I still don't want to travel all the way back to Texas by myself, though! I am so glad Hubby is coming back to help us drive home. Plus, we miss Daddy!!!!
While in Lenoir, we went to an arcade and let the kids run wild. For some reason I had a lapse in judgement and let Xman get a sword with his prize tickets..... I think I blacked out momentarily. Anyway, we came home with sugar and a sword. Lethal combo in my world. No injuries ensued, however, there was gonna be one if Mommy got swatted at one more time with that thing!! (Read between the lines, folks.)
After leaving the arcade, we ate lunch and headed "up the mountain" to Blowing Rock. There are some adorable little shops and a park where the kids got to play. If you have ever heard of the novels by Jan Karon about "Mitford," she lives in/around Blowing Rock. You can easily see where the fictional Mitford came to life by visiting Blowing Rock, NC.
All of that was on Monday, and on Tuesday, we headed back to Charlotte. Doing a total of 505 miles in the Road Warrior, which I am sure it can handle! This car is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going. (Sigh..... )
We leave for Texas in just a couple more days! See ya soon!
Oh, yeah! The little Monkey hit my camera and sent it toppling to the ground, where it breathed its last breath. So, unless I can get it repaired, I won't have any pictures for a while! Sorry!

No comments:
Post a Comment