About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, January 14, 2008

So, this is what it feels like to fly!

We're baaaaaackkkk!!! Whew! The day trip turned into a stay-the-night-trip, because we learned that Daddy wouldn't need to work Sunday after all. So, we packed some clothes and loaded up the Road Warrior. We left around 8 am and made it to Hallettsville in record time! With only one potty break, we made it there by noon. That's pretty good time, my friends!

We were actually pulling onto the last "paved" road when my friend Ally was going out to hang up some balloons as markers for us. I saw a little blue truck coming down the road and hollered, "Stop!! That's Ally!!" Now, I have never seen her truck and it's been 6 years since I have actually seen her. So, Hubby goes, "How do you know that's her???" At that moment, the truck slams on its brakes and the horn starts a'honking. It was so funny! And here came Ally running out to greet us! How's that for a reunion?! (She saw my red hair shining a mile away and I knew she had that type of truck, so, no we're not clairvoyant or anything. Hehe.)

She led us the rest of the way out to the family farm. Man, that was a drive like no other! We were OUT THERE! Where the houses don't even have NUMBERS anymore. They just have to give the Fire Department good directions. Can you imagine? That would never work for me, I am horrible with directions. I'd be like, "Um, can y'all just look for the smoke?" I sure hope they pay those guys well! Literally, our friends' house was the "Second Property at the end of Private Road 123." Craziness. But, talk about privacy. It was soooo quiet. And who cares about locking the door at night?

So, we enjoyed our little visit out in the country. And we saw some BEAUTIFUL country on the way out there! We passed all these huge Texas ranches with Brahman bulls and Longhorns ranging around. All the hamburger you could ask for, hehe. I started thinking about some of the elaborate ranch entrances and realized, "Hey, that's how they let the Fire Dept. know how to get there! Just have these gigantic gate ornaments at your entrance!"

We had fun celebrating their baby girl's birthday and meeting all their family. Then we sat out on the wrap-around porch talking about the "old times," and laughing about when Hubby and I first got married. Ally was at our wedding, and they helped us move into our first apartment, when all we had was an air mattress and a new couch! Good times!

Eventually, we settled down for the night, with the boys on an old RV mattress and Hubby and I using an air mattress. (Am I seeing a pattern here?) This wouldn't be very pertinent info unless I had a funny story coming up. So, hang in there with me! With so many people/animals in the house, and it being a new place, we had a really hard time getting the kids to go to sleep! FINALLY, we all dozed off and the air mattress stopped bouncing us around. Picture a Water Bed and the nonstop swaying...

About that time, Hubby starts dreaming, and he decides to dream about how funny it is to sleep on an air mattress. Far away in LalaLand, he starts laughing about bouncing really hard and seeing if you can actually bounce someone off of the thing. Not so far away in Reality Land, he is actually doing it! He slams down onto the air mattress and Mommy goes flying!!! I was airborne before I knew what hit me! I know I cleared at least 5 inches off that thing. So, I turn to elbow Hubby and exclaim, "Hey! You just bounced me off the bed!!" And I hear a chuckle. I'm like, Oh no he didn't just do that on purpose! But then I hear him snoring again.... So, I think ok, he didn't mean to.... Then he tells me the next morning that he was dreaming about bouncing me off. He never thought it would actually work! Hmmm, should I believe him or not? Meanwhile, I now know what it feels like to fly!

Ahhh, life is funny around here. We had a good trip and had a great time going to IKEA on our way home. I love IKEA!!! Have you ever been???? You must go. Things are sooooo inexpensive. And way better quality than WalMart or Target. Stop reading this and go find an IKEA near you. There aren't very many in the US yet. You can go online, but the experience isn't the same. They have their furniture displayed as rooms and kitchens. They have fun stuff for the kids to do, and they have a cafe that is soooo cheap. A whole mac and cheese kids meal starts at .99 and that includes a drink! Hollah! Sigh, I love IKEA.....

Okay, I am off to the Health Food Store to find some progesterone cream b/c I have been hearing about its healing powers on thyroid, the blues, weight loss, etc. I will talk to you soon!!

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt