About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, January 11, 2008

We're going on a day trip...

Tomorrow we are driving three hours away to a town where my friend Ally's in-laws live. Confused because I called it a day trip? Well, in Texas, everything seems to take a little drive time to get to. That, and we're a slight bit crazy. Besides, we have the Road Warrior, what could go wrong?

Kevin and Ally are our friends from the Marine Corps days. They are married and have a little girl, who just turned 1 this week! So, we are meeting them for the first time 6 years to go to her birthday party!! They seemed to follow the same kind of path we did, moving across country and eventually winding up back in the husband's neck of the woods! Ha.

She is a SAHM now too, and it's interesting to see how much we are both glad to be far, far away from the military days! I hope to ask her some questions about it and tell you all about our perspectives when I get home. (Well, not right when I get home, maybe Sunday night?)

Anyway! Pray for us, it's always fun to see two tall adults and two increasingly taller children crammed into a Honda Civic for a road trip. At least we have the DVD player.
"Have DVD player, Will Travel." Just call me Palladin. (And if you didn't get that, then obviously your Dad never made you watch old black and white westerns during the entire summer he was off work and staying home with you.) Whew, sorry, I flashed back for a minute there!

Oh, and say a prayer for us too, we have a chance to look at a rental house with an extra bedroom and a FENCED IN back yard across town. For the same price as we are paying for this one! The hang-ups are: we would need to get out of the last two months of this lease, it might not have a gas dryer hookup, we might need to get our own fridge, and well...I am being pessimistic, huh?
Anyway!! GOD can totally pull it off, if we're supposed to move into that house!! Just pray for ME to "Faithfully Follow." Hmmm....haven't I heard that somewhere before?

***After we got home: Guess what we forgot to pack for the trip? The car adapter for the DVD player!! So, we were without movie entertainment for the entire trip! Can you believe it? And yet we survived! Amazing!
***Oh, and the rental house is on a very busy street, so we won't be able to go that route. See? God knew if it would work or not!

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt