About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

I just might get healthy yet!

Lookit what I got! I got me one of them thar Juicers!




I have been wanting one of these for a while now! Last night Hubby surprised me by coming home with it! Brand-spanking new and ready to be used! So, today required a trip to the grocery store to go get actual FRUIT and VEGETABLES. Fresh ones. Not in a can. We didn't have anything like THAT on hand, or I could have tried out my new juicer last night.

The lady at checkout looked at me a little wierd. She knows we usually only get milk, red meat and beverages. When I handed her 3 lbs of carrots and celery each, she did a double-take. Oh, and I cut my hair, so she might have truly thought it was my twin or something. But, it was probably just the fruits and vegetables.

The book I am reading says not to be surprised if your body is "out of sorts" for a few days. Out of sorts. I snorted. How about out-right REBELLION???? How about DETOXING??? How about in complete DISBELIEF???

I hope this thing works out. It takes up a lot of counterspace if not...

1 comment:

EllaJac said...

ooOOOoo.. a Juicer. We have one; it's pretty cool. I forgot what kind. Some Omega thing from Mercola.com, I think. Hubby puts grapefruit through it these days for his weekly LIVER CLEANSE routine. Talk about freaky nasty detox stuff! Fat-free breakfast, fasting after 2 pm, EPSOM SALT WATER to drink at 6 and 8, then GRAPEFRUIT JUICE/OLIVE OIL at 10, along with a ton of herby nasty vitamins. Let's just say that you can get rid of 'bile stones' this way. Now, I only wrote you all this so you might feel better and know it could be worse. MY daily health accomplishment? Um... hm... I ate no ice cream today.

Wow, I have a ways to go yet, huh?

Radical | A book by David Platt