About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Child. He Has a Gift.

God obviously knew what my needs were when He sent me Little Man.

Because where his mother is lacking in the neatness department, Little Man gladly takes over. I told you about the dryer emptying, and the vacuuming, but now there's the Pantry Rearranging.

Pantry Rearranging is normally done when Mommy is not there to oversee the work in progress. It is done daily and with much enthusiasm. All of the bottom two shelves are done swiftly, usually finished within 6 minutes or less.

The contents are first emptied onto the nearby kitchen table. They are then either replaced in a new creative fashion, or left out of the pantry entirely. I mean, come on, do we really need to put the green beans in there?? They do make a cute centerpiece for the table when placed just so.

Today's new arrangement was complete with bath toys filling in the empty spaces. Instead of refried beans, we will now be having a "Bert & Ernie" boat with our tacos. In place of the much-overrated cream of chicken soup, we have a tasty Shampoo Cup. We also have a new area for shoes, and even a spot for his blankie. Of course, Blankie shall be saved for very hard times indeed. Last resort only.

All of this recent activity has caused me to rethink the grocery unpacking that we normally do. Today, the children were instructed to play outside after we brought all the groceries in. Mommy then unloaded the bags and quickly hid the contents. I could have used the extra hands, but I know Little Man would have been disagreeing on my Product Placement.
I might need to have him tested for OCD. We'll see. Maybe I can guide him into using this gift mainly in their room....

2 comments:

EllaJac said...

I'm giggling out loud, which is bad because it's late and the girls are asleep... I'm guessing "Shampoo Cup" can't be any worse for you than "Cream of Soup" as we call it. Haha! Aflac is our "last resort for hard times" meal, I'm afraid. I'd probably rather eat the blankie (I've seen what that duck eats - yuck!).

The Mustard Seed said...

Maybe you can let us borrow Little Man for a while! My pantry is out of control! Well, OK....my whole house is out of control, but I'll settle for help with the pantry!

Love you guys....Lori

Radical | A book by David Platt