So, a little while later, Hubby and XMan are Men With a Mission, as they pay for their game, get a cart, and head out to tee up. (By the way, you should know that I am only guessing at the golf terminology. There could be a tee where a bogey should be, I wouldn't know the difference.)
Anyhoo. Apparently there was tournament going on, so they graciously let Hubby and the
Hubby says the boy saw wide open green fields and it was all over from there. You know how "Happy Cows Come From California?" Happy little boys reside in wide open green fields, I suppose. XMan was running all around the course before Hubby knew what happened.
They started playing, and Hubby told him to hit his ball. So he did, and then he chased the ball down. Then he ran back with it and did all over again. And again, and again...
Finally, XMan asked if he could "race" Daddy while he drove the cart. That's right, he raced beside the cart while Daddy drove to the next hole. They did it again for the next hole, and the next. You see the pattern going here?
You would think the child would wear himself out at some point, but it never happened. He came home windburned, and completely hyper. He was also using foreign words like, "par, clubhouse, clubs." He ran even more laps this evening before bath time!! I think Hubby will sleep well tonight.
If only we could bottle this stuff up, y'all... I might get more laundry done than ever before! All I need now is a golf course in my backyard!
Wait, that might be a great solution for the boy and a big distraction for the man....

1 comment:
Too funny! send 'im up here and he can hand=clear the driveway of snow after the wind stops again... :D
Post a Comment