About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Little Man

Little Man is having trouble with rules. Basically, he just thinks rules cannot possibly apply to him. The only one he pays any heed to is gravity, and well, he just hasn't figured out a way around that one yet.

He will walk up to the stove, say "Hot," and then proceed to touch it and make sure he was right. He'll grab any random toothbrush and start brushing. I even have two set aside just for him, so that his little hand will be sure and grab a brush that belongs in his mouth. Invariably, he will grab mine or brother's anyway and start scrubbing his little toothies.

In restaurants, he will lay back in the booth, and kick his feet up onto the table. Or he will spend the entire time flirting with the little girl in the next booth. She will be, of course, egging him on by laughing at his silly boy antics. Women.

Of course, it never fails; I will be trying to correct him, and he does something absolutely hilarious! Today, at lunch, I had "firmly disciplined" him for the umpteenth time. A few seconds later, I turned to look at him.

There he sat, completely unaffected, breathing through a straw and holding his nose shut. Practicing his snorkeling I suppose...

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt