So, we have been driving our new car around, enjoying it's largeness and it's free-flowing air conditioning! We can even fit the big stroller in the trunk without completely disassembling it!
My family has this quirky tradition of naming vehicles that have a certain personality about them. My brother has had "Old Yeller" and "Blue." My first car was affectionately dubbed "The Smoke Bomb," because I could clear out the entire parking lot upon firing the engine up.... We christened the Civic "Road Warrior" because of the extensive traveling we seem to do in it.
Now, we have "Miss Daisy!" Not that she is especially geriatric, but because well, a lot of older women have this type of car. We like it for the big, big back seat and the low, low price! (Did I mention the air condition?!) We did make one modification, however. We ran out and got the windows tinted. Dark.

2 comments:
Dark windows, Big car... Is it lowriding? Are you actually Hispanic? DId you spend more on the rims than the car itself? Ok, sorry...
My car is Mary Jane. No relation to the Mary Jane my mother inhaled. While pregnant with me.
And now you know why I am the way I am.
HAHA! I did ask Hubby to buy some new rims (well, I called them hubcaps, ignorantly) and he informed me that we couldn't buy new ones b/c they'd try to sell us 22's! So, we're stuck with the spoke-looking kind.
And the tint is mainly to block the Texas sun pouring in, you know, not to disguise ourselves.... :-)
You shouldn't have told me about your mom and the Mary Jane, that is just way too much ammo! I shall refrain!
Post a Comment