About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Day the Go-Cart Caught on Fire... Sort of

Okay, I promised you some more self-humiliation, so here goes. I ain't skeered.

A week or two ago, we were outside in the yard. The boys were going around and around in their go-cart. Since we live a neighborhood and have a small yard, this is pretty much all they can do. So, they made circle after circle in the yard, until the sun was practically gone.

As dusk settled in, I started noticing a small yellow-orange flickering in the go-cart. It was right underneath the kids, so I was pretty worried. I kept seeing it as they passed by me! Finally, I was very concerned and yelled for them to stop! Of course, it took a few rotations before they heard me over the engine. By then, I had my foot on the thing and was yanking Little Man out of the seat! Xman was struggling to unbuckle and they were both looking at me like I had two heads!

"What's the matter Mommy?" Xman asked, sounding panicked. I kept telling them I had seen "SPARKS, SPARKS! I TELL YOU!!" under their seat and they need to get off of it NOW. By this time, Hubby was with us and wondering what in the whole wide world I was doing. He didn't seem to believe me, so I made him sacrifice himself and ride the go-cart around the yard.

Sure enough, nothing. Not a single SPARK.

Sighing, he told the boys they could get back on and finish their ride. As they walked off, I saw it again!!!! The yellow flicker!!! And it was on Little Man's feet!!!




It was his Buzz Lightyear "light-up" shoes..... Right there. Flickering away... Just like they were doing every time the go-cart bumped in the yard....

Sigh. Hormones.....

1 comment:

Cayce said...

The hormones are racing around your body saying, "To infinity ... and beyond". HA!!!!

Radical | A book by David Platt