I can never seem to get the post written as well as Stacy McDonald can, so I will just send you over there to see this video about "Oprah's church." I stopped watching Oprah several years ago because she sounded more liberal with every show. Her popularity and following is something we as Christians should be very aware of!! Please go check out the post and especially the video at the end. (I wish I knew who those two ladies were that stood up for Christ! They deserve a big applause!) Oh, and this is a different article than the one that circulated in emails a while back.
Oprah's New Church

4 comments:
I'll watch the video when I get a chance but I totally agree that Christians need to be aware of her views. Likewise, we as Christians (I believe) have an obligation to point the same thing out to non-believers. I, too, stopped watching Opera because of her liberalism. I have explained my reasons to several of my friends who aren't yet believers. I'm not sure what they'll do with the information.
Oh, and I believe God is giving those 2 ladies standing ovations!!!
I enjoyed talking to you the other night. It never ceases to amaze me how 2 mothers can somehow carry on a complete conversation about many things while still having conversations with our children. Talk about your multi-tasking. HA!
Here here.. I'm no oprah fan (or any tv, much), and I checked out that clip. Amazing and too bad that the richest woman in America chooses to go that route. It'd be nice to see some rich, powerful, totally-sold-out-to-Christ-and-preaching-it people hit the limelight. Though the limelight probably would do its best to avoid them and keep their message quiet...
Hey you know what, Ellajac? That's an interesting point. You never see any rich, powerful Christians that can keep the Word true, do you? If they are preaching and have made it "Big" their message starts to sound watered down, or even heretical (Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyers). Only the preachers who remain humble and low-key personally stay true to the Gospel. Like Billy and Ruth Graham who lived in their same mountain home for years and years, never wanting to keep up with the "Joneses." It seems like the money and fame can become an idol, even to those who start out with Godly intentions...
Kinda like how a good man might get elected, but he can't seem to stay that way for long. Either he ends up losing the 'elected' or the 'good'...
I know you haven't posted lately, but just wanted to say hi and that I'm thinking about you. In the way of course that one must think about someone whom they have actually never met or seen and only have a vague understanding of... okay, you get my point. :) Blessings!
Post a Comment