About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Scary Stuff

Have you been following the FLDS raid stuff going on? It's all extremely sad and horrifying at the same time. I do not agree whatsoever with the Mormon (especially FLDS) doctrines or their overall religion. I believe their founder, Joseph Smith, was a complete quack and I am not afraid to say that. Any religion that adds to or subtracts from the Word of God is not true Christianity.

But the handling of this "case" by the Texas CPS should have everyone concerned for their rights as parents. Ellajac recommends reading what the Headmistress at The Common Room has to say. Lots of updates and links. This website is also pretty alarming to read.

I think we, as Christians, need to be very aware of how quickly our "Constitutional Rights" are being diminished. Especially those of us who are even "weirder" and currently (or considering) homseschooling. When we first started thinking about homeschooling, I read that it was a good idea to keep a copy of the state's current laws about it taped to the back of your front door. The Homeschool Legal Defense Association is also constantly working to get law changed in favor of homeschoolers everywhere.

Of course, the FLDS case isn't about homeschooling, but everything going on with them will begin to affect us soon. If the state succeeds in separating all these children from their parents without any proof, why will they need "proof" to persecute Christians?

Something to think about...

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt