Since the Great Pyrenees was originally bred to be a working mountain dog, it makes sense that they prefer colder temperatures. We rarely have cold temperatures here in the muggy southeast corner of Texas. Even this past winter was a 50-60 degrees! When winter came, I had to crush XMan's visions of white and tell him that he would not be seeing any snow here. Especially not enough to make a snowman.
So, yesterday, when the sun came up and started to make it's way across our backyard, I don't know why I was surprised to see the dog head under the house! I guess if I was wearing a permanent fur coat, I would run for it also. But, after she'd been in hiding for a few hours, I was beginning to worry. I should have just relaxed! Hubby galantly drove home to check under the house and see if the puppy was okay. He came back inside, irked at wasting precious gas, to tell me that she was indeed FINE.
Sure enough, at 4:30pm, just as the sun had completely left the backyard, she came waltzing out from under the porch! I suppose if natural-born instinct is telling her to go find a cool spot, I should just leave her alone! So much for the fluffy white coat, though....

No comments:
Post a Comment